TV via IP (Internet Protocol)
TV via the Internet Protocol (IP), this allows the various TV channels to be transmitted via a data network or even a WiFi network. IPTV requires a lot of bandwidth and a stable network. Because offices and often hotels have a UTP network, IPTV can easily be added so that in all the desired places (rooms or workplaces) IPTV is available. Where people want to watch TV, IPTV has to be converted again to be able to watch it on a ‘normal’ TV. This can be done via an external IPTV tuner (IPTV Settop box) or a TV where it is built in (Connected TV). There is also software needed (Device manager or Middleware) which ensures that the IPTV Settop box or Connected TV understands the different IP streams. IPTV can be divided into three categories:
- Standard IPTV: Through an STB software tool which is activated in the IPTV receiving station. IP-TV set-top boxes recognize the IP stream and can receive the various TV channels. The Samsung and LG Connected TV devices (these have a built-in IP set-top box) will understand this stream and transmit TV channels. This system is not interactive but is easy to set up and does not require weekly or monthly maintenance (data changes).
- Interactive IPTV: By applying special middleware. We provide Arantia (Televes) middleware which ensures that there is interactive communication with all viewing points (IP settop box or connected TV). Depending on the choice of the various options, this system must be updated daily, weekly or monthly with new information (e.g. menu of the restaurant).
- TV for mobile devices: When an OTT server (Over The Top TV) is deployed it is possible to offer various TV channels in the IP network which can be viewed on a smartphone or tablet. A very user-friendly system whereby a number of channels are selected as a source and can be viewed using a standard browser.
There are many IPTV systems, but none as well thought-out and user-friendly as the Ikusi Flow IPTV system. The development of this Ikusi Flow system took years and not without success. The most universal TV reception system today. All modules are fully universal.
- Input Satellite and/or Cable TV and/or Digitenne (without changing hardware).
- Output standard IP
- Output Digital DVB-C and/or DVB-T (without changing hardware).
- Encoder, to add your own information and/or video channel (MPEG2 and/or MPGE4)
- Decoder module to enable encoded channels.
- Accessible via internet, LAN or built-in WiFi.